Table of Contents
Dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants and dental and cleanliness pupils in California may perhaps be suitable for monetary help by way of personal loan reimbursement or a scholarship by means of the Department of Well being Care Accessibility and Data. Many packages with recent-yr software cycles are open up now with deadlines in the drop. (Update: Purposes for the California Point out Bank loan Repayment Program shut Sept. 15.)
CDA correctly advocated for point out finances funding to develop the diversity of California’s well being treatment workforce, and the thousands and thousands of pounds in HCAI scholarships, loan repayments and grant courses are just one consequence. Supplemental funding will go to workforce ability research, instruction and education.
Nader A. Nadershahi, DDS, MBA, EdD, dean of the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni Faculty of Dentistry, serves on the 18-member council that discusses and can make recommendations to HCAI on subjects these as workforce education and learning and schooling, wellness job pathways and regions of require for health and fitness workforce resources. CDA engaged with policymakers advocating that dentistry’s perspective be integrated in these types of funding selections and was pleased with Gov. Gavin Newsom’s appointment of Dr. Nadershahi to the council early this year.
Program descriptions and eligibility
Transient summaries of the four scholarship and personal loan repayment packages stick to. Future candidates can to start with answer many questions using the HCAI’s funding eligibility instrument to figure out if they are eligible to use for any of the courses.
For all systems, eligible providers will submit their application via the HCAI’s on the internet application portal just after first registering to use the method.
Sophisticated Practice Health care Scholarship Program: Utilize by Oct. 31
California dental students are suitable to apply for the Sophisticated Observe Healthcare Scholarship Program, which aims to boost the number of properly trained highly developed exercise wellness treatment gurus delivering immediate affected individual care in an underserved area or qualified facility.
Eligible dental pupils:
- May obtain a $25,000 scholarship in exchange for a 12-thirty day period company obligation working towards and furnishing immediate individual treatment in an underserved community.
- Be at present enrolled in a dental school program and ready to exhibit associated training expenditures.
- Have to utilize via the application portal by 3 p.m. Oct. 31.
Allied Health care Scholarship Software: Utilize by Oct. 31
California dental cleanliness learners are eligible to implement for the Allied Healthcare Scholarship System, which aims to raise the selection of properly experienced allied well being professionals delivering direct patient care in an underserved location or qualified facility.
Qualified dental cleanliness learners:
- May receive up to $15,000 in trade for a 12-month company obligation training and supplying direct patient treatment in an underserved group.
- Be at present enrolled in a dental cleanliness method and capable to present involved schooling charges.
- Need to implement by means of the software portal by 3 p.m. Oct. 31.
Questions about both equally scholarship packages can be emailed to HCAI.
California Point out Loan Repayment Program: Use by Sept. 15
CDA a short while ago posted a focused article about this educational bank loan repayment system, which is intended to improve and diversify the state’s health and fitness care workforce.
Suitable dentists and registered dental hygienists:
- May possibly receive up to $50,000 in personal loan forgiveness for a two-12 months, entire-time service obligation in a federally designated wellness experienced scarcity location.
- May well receive up to $25,000 in personal loan forgiveness for a two-year, half-time provider obligation in a federally selected well being expert scarcity region.
- Must utilize by way of the software portal by 3 p.m. Sept. 15.
Award amounts up to $10,000 or $20,000 are also offered to suitable companies with half-time or complete-time first-year services extensions. Extra facts are in the CDA article. Intrigued applicants may possibly also electronic mail HCAI with questions.
Allied Health care Bank loan Repayment Method: Use by Oct. 31
California dental assistants and dental hygienists are suitable to use for the Allied Health care Loan Compensation Plan, which aims to enhance the variety of correctly properly trained allied health and fitness care industry experts.
Eligible dental assistants and dental hygienists:
- May perhaps acquire up to $16,000 in loan repayments in trade for a 12-thirty day period company obligation.
- Have to meet up with services obligation by practising and offering immediate client treatment at a County Healthcare Companies Application-contracted supplier locale or a facility in any of the 35 CMSP-selected counties.
- Ought to implement via the software portal by 3 p.m. Oct. 31.
Intrigued candidates can e-mail HCAI with queries.
CDA will inform customers of any new opportunities and upcoming application deadlines.