IRC Atlanta’s Resettlement program presents access to excellent, client-centered, in depth overall health treatment providers to refugees and immigrants by way of local most important treatment vendors. The Healthcare Assistant will concentration on doing work carefully with customers and immediate personnel to prepare and coordinate a wide range of customer wellness care products and services, such as professional appointments. This is a whole-time, minimal term place.
- Collaborate carefully with colleagues to reply to the substantial health-related care demands of purchasers.
- System for and coordinate the shipping and delivery of professional medical care pre- and put up-arrival.
- Aid with producing partnerships with regional healthcare and mental health services providers.
- Offer health and fitness-associated facts to recently arrived clientele all through Cultural and Ingestion Orientations.
- Do the job with IRC team to detect freshly arrived consumers for most important health and fitness care appointments and required specialty treatment.
- Refer purchasers for expert appointments.
- Support consumers in accessing regional wellbeing care and PCP providers including scheduling and encouraging effective participation in health and fitness care appointments with companies.
- Guide with coordinating consumer accessibility to transportation and interpretation expert services for health treatment appointments. Transport clients to and from doctor appointments if desired.
- Coordinate with colleagues and regional well being care providers to make certain clients have access to culturally and linguistically ideal expert services.
- Assist with conducting plan wellness checks and hook up families to appropriate services.
- Carry out monitoring technique for shopper major treatment and professional appointments.
- Sustain open and successful communication with other IRC courses as appropriate.
- Actively participate in frequently scheduled staff meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and learning:
- Bachelor’s degree in public wellbeing, social do the job or similar subject of research preferred.
Do the job Knowledge:
- Applicable skilled practical experience in community health, human companies field expected least of 1 years’ practical experience strongly most popular.
- Expertise doing the job with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Abilities & Competencies:
- Potent marriage setting up, diplomacy, and networking abilities skill to efficiently make interior and external relationships.
- Shown good results doing work and speaking efficiently in a multi-cultural natural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent trouble-solving skills combined with the demonstrated means to multi-process, prioritize duties, and deal with time successfully.
- Interest to depth and precision in work product or service.
- Fluent in English, each spoken and prepared proficiency in Dari and/or Pashto is strongly most popular.
- Proficient in Microsoft Business purposes (Phrase, Excel, Outlook) skill to use the internet and other digital equipment for details entry, analysis and trouble-solving needs.
- Legitimate driver’s license and obtain to a personalized, insured vehicle.
Doing work Natural environment:
- A blend of conventional office environment environment, distant get the job done, and ‘field’ time within the company shipping and delivery region to perform the over outlined responsibilities.
- May possibly require occasional weekend and/or night do the job.
COVID-19 Vaccination Need: In accordance with IRC’s duty to supply and preserve a office that is cost-free of recognized dangers and our commitment to safeguard the wellbeing of our staff, clients, and communities, IRC needs new hires to furnish evidence of vaccination towards COVID-19 in get to be regarded as for any in-office environment or hybrid positions. All IRC US workplaces involve total vaccination to go to any in-business functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Motivation to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is dedicated to setting up a numerous organization and a local climate of inclusivity. We strongly motivate applications from candidates who can exhibit that they can contribute to this aim.
Equivalent Option Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and benefit diversity at our enterprise. We do not discriminate on the foundation of race, faith, shade, national origin, sexual intercourse, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital position, veteran position, or incapacity status. We will make certain that men and women with disabilities are presented acceptable accommodation to take part in the task application or interview procedure, to accomplish important career features, and to acquire other positive aspects and privileges of work. Please speak to us to ask for accommodation.
US Gains: We offer you a in depth and very aggressive set of added benefits. In the US, these contain: 10 unwell days, 10 US holiday seasons, 20-25 paid time off days relying on position and tenure, medical insurance policies starting off at $120 for every month, dental starting at $7 for every thirty day period, and eyesight commencing at $5 per thirty day period, FSA for health care and commuter fees, a 403b retirement personal savings ideas with quickly vested matching, incapacity & lifestyle insurance policy, and an Staff Assistance Plan which is obtainable to our employees and their people to help counseling and treatment in instances of crisis and psychological health and fitness struggles.